HBMO Solicitors LLP will always respect your privacy and personal data. The following sets out information about data subject rights and our obligations under data protection law.
In providing our services, we receive data both directly and indirectly. All information received is subject to client confidentiality and may be protected by legal professional privilege.
We retain personal data for no longer than what is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
We may however, need to disclose personal data to:
• A third party where we are under a legal obligation to transfer it to that third party
• A third party who provides a service to us
• A third party where it is necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject or another natural person
• A public authority in the event that we are required to do so by law
Rights in relation to Privacy
You may at any time, request access to your personal data for rectification, restriction or erasure of same. These rights however are subject to restrictions as laid down by law. The following is a brief summary of these rights:
• Right of Access: You may receive a copy of your personal data;
• Right to Rectification: You may correct any inaccurate/incomplete personal data we hold;
• Right to Erasure: You may ask us to delete your personal data in certain circumstances;
• Right to Restrict Processing: You may ask us to halt processing your personal data in certain circumstances;
• Right to Object: You may to object to us processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interests (or those of a third party)
• Right to Data Portability: You may request us to transmit personal data that you have provided to us, to a third party, or to give you a copy of it so that you can transmit it to a third party.
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority in particular in the Member State of your residence, place of work or place of an alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes with GDPR.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us and we will respond as soon as reasonably possible, taking into account the complexity and number of requests. We have the right to refuse your request where there is a basis to do so, or if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, or to the extent necessary for important objectives of public interest.
Protection of Privacy
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal data to the best of our abilities, however no security system is entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the complete security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. We have strict internal policies to ensure that we do our best to safeguard your privacy at every level. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, any transmission of personal data is at your own risk. Once we receive your personal data, we use appropriate security measures to seek to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure.